Full Stack Engineer (Python and JS frameworks)
We're looking for an experienced Fullstack Engineer to develop cutting-edge creative and data management tools that control and report on our prediction and personalisation technologies.
At Affectv you will join an Agile team of experienced engineers that enjoy working in a challenging startup environment. We take great pride in our work, sharing a focus on code quality and embracing best practices.
This role will suit someone who:
- Is interested in learning new skills and broadening their knowledge
- Enjoys working in a small team and looks forward to closely collaborating with other developers
- Is ambitious and looking to progress their career
- Interested in exploring new places to eat, sharing a beer at 5 pm, or playing board games at the office!
- 2 years+ experience developing software in a commercial environment
- Developed RESTful APIs or other backend software services in Python.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS.
- Worked with relational and in-memory databases.
- Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience with distributed source control systems (Git), Pull request and Code Review processes.
- Comfortable working in a Linux/MacOSX, scripting and using command-line tools.
- Used continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, etc.).
Nice to haves:
- Experience with other languages (e.g. Scala, Go...)
- Worked with AngularJS.
- Used Docker (or similar) in development or production environments.
- Worked with queue/messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka...)
- Infrastructure: Experience with Amazon CloudFormation.
- Experience working with AWS or similar IAAS providers.
- Knowledge of Ansible (or similar technology).
- Developed following TDD/BDD.
- Pair programming. Clean code principles.
- A Computer Science Degree, or equivalent.
- Any personal/open-source project we can take a look at.
Extensive benefits package which includes:
- Private health Insurance
- Performance-based unlimited leave
- All you can eat coffee, snacks, fresh fruit and Monday breakfasts
- Fitness fund
- Ride to work Bicycle Scheme